For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, February 6, 2009

An Afternoon in Franklin Tennessee





On most Fridays my daughter, Savannah Rose, and I travel to a beautiful part of Tennessee known as Franklin. We have an appointment at Saddle Up! (A nonprofit recreational therapeutic horse riding program for those with disabilities, “Where all children are equal in the saddle!”)



(January 8, 2009) – Southern Living magazine named Franklin to its Readers’ Choice Awards top ten list, ranking fifth for “Best Small Town”. Franklin joins a diverse group of destinations in the listing. Southern Living readers voted for their favorites in different categories. January’s issue names the magazine readers’ choices for “best” places to stay, visit, shop and dine in the South.


After Savannah's lesson, we decided to explore a specialty shop we usually pass by always wondering what goodies can be found inside. Well, just as I last wrote about -- chocolate has a way of calling my name -- today was no exception. A specialty chocolate and truffle shop -- Hillsboro Chocolate Company. We treated ourselves to a truffle and picked out a box of 4 for my sister-in-law in Chicago and another for my sister-in-law in Montana. Let's hope they get put in the mail and not opened because chocolate calls other people's names in my house as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!