For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Scrappy Stacked Quilt Top

Okay -- another posting with something that inspires me. At times, I must be on quests to find something different or to find something that I have had in mind but not been able to visualize.

This quilt project found on flickr.com matches all of the above in me. I will be pulling out some quilting books to get similar flower shape patterns and start from there.

Right now I am playing with border quilt blocks for Savannah's quilt to finish and just got a bear face pattern enlarged 200% to begin the final stages of Wynston's quilt top. Pictures will follow soon.

Also, I am stitching away on some embroidery and have one piece almost finished to post. I know I could work faster if this weather would only COOL down some for me.

We are now able to hear the annual Great Falls fair outside for a week. I don't think we will be attending as the prices are out of this world. There is a parking fee, an admission fee, an arm band fee, food fees, exhibit pass fees, and concert fees for each day there. One person can hardly afford all those prices and to consider taking a family of 5 there is out of the question entirely!

So the fair sounds will have to fill our imaginations. Tonight we did hear a pretty credible performance of a Johnny Cash impersonator from 7:30 to about 8:15 (then a major rain happened upon us all), but on the flip side the fair closed with a horrible sounding Elvis impersonator. My husband says Elvis is on the schedule for the closing every night of the fair. We might just have to tough it out and close some windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!