For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Antique Presents -- Edison Toaster




I just received a very nice phone call from my sister-in-law, Trish, thanking us for finding a beautiful antique appliance -- an Edison Toaster.

It is from Edison Electric Appliance Co. Inc. Chicago ILL. - Ontario Calif. A General Electric Organization. It does have slight surface rust but I think it will clean up just fine. One feature of this toaster is that on the side it has a knob that opens and closes the two doors to access your toast.

A little research on the computer find a Wikipedia entry of the company information with some pictures of the toasters and the history. There is not one of such ornate design as shown above.

I did do a search on Ebay and found the toaster there someone has to offer. The person listing it is offering less than a dollar to start the bidding. His postage is slightly under $10 which might seem high to some, but having shipped one the other day, that postage is low as well.

Exploring and finding this gem for Trish has me interested in exploring the local antiques stores in Great Falls in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!