For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, May 14, 2011

In Search of a Strawberry


When I was a little girl growing up in a foster home in Tennessee, there were times when my "mother" could and would be so nice in creating special memories. One of those is the picture here. It was Christmas and she made me the long red skirt. Also, she got me a ruffled collar blouse and added some red trimmings to it. To top off the outfit, I was allowed to wear an old piece of her costume jewelry -- a strawberry with red stones in it. I felt so special, so pretty. I am beaming from ear to ear in this picture!!!

I don't know what happened to the brooch. I remember asking to wear it some time later and was told that it was lost or gone. That has stuck with me all these years and every time I have been to a yard sale or thrift store I have always looked for one.

Last weekend Savannah Rose and I went to the Rocky Mountain Craft Sale held here in town. This was the first time checking it out and also the first time one has been held in the Spring. There were several things to look at and we ended up finding something we liked at the Special Olympics booth.

Before leaving we had a wonderful time looking at gorgeous pieces of vintage costume jewelry a lady collects and sells. I happened to ask her before leaving about a strawberry brooch. She had one but it was not what I was looking for and I left still wanting to locate one.

Keeping in the spirit of things I had purchased a couple of big boxes of strawberries just that morning so we came home and had fun doing some chocolate fondue strawberries and bananas with my sons. (My husband was out of town at a work training and missed all the fun!)

Well, I am one to not let something that gets in my mind be forgotten too easily again. So while working on listing some auctions on Ebay and Etsy, I was able to find the exact strawberry brooch I have been looking for and also at a very reasonable price with free shipping. I will be anxiously awaiting the mail delivery here this next week looking for my tangible item that will be a story told to my kids and a piece of jewelry passed on to one of them.



Hope you are able to find that special something that holds a pleasant memory for you -- no matter if tangible or not. Hope it puts a smile on your face and tugs at your heart strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!