For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pineapple Memories


Had to pull out my iron skillet last night to prepare a little treat after making a huge pot of turkey noodle soup for the family.

Wish I had some cherries to put on this pineapple upside down cake but couldn't find any at the little local grocery store in Fort Benton, MT.

Usually I don't use dark brown sugar, but the taste is still just as it should be.

The kids made short order of the cake and I spied one slice left this morning before heading to work.



Making pineapple upside down cakes in the iron skillet reminds me of my teenage years and having picnic potlucks in our front yard at our summer/vacation mountain trailor after church on Sundays. Never knew who would show up, but usually there would be around 15 people when all got seated. Been thinking about that time in my life lately, especially sitting in the swing late at night and looking up at the stars . . . having dreams and making secret plans for my future. A future that involved moving across country where I now live in "Big Sky Country" and gaze up at those same million stars in awe of the beauty and in awe of how time has flown so quickly.

I don't feel 43 and am very happy when one of the residents in personal care where I work says I look 23. One said the other day that "you are aging remarkably well." I had to laugh and then look in the mirror and say to myself, "no way". They have older eyes and my "youth" is a long distance memory in their lives. Still we can all smile and be thankful no matter what the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!