For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, March 18, 2011

Irish Festivities 2011



Well yesterday found my family sporting the green and taking a stroll down Central Avenue for the St. Patrick's Day parade. Can't remember why we missed the event last year, but thought we would get into the spirit of things for 2011. I jokingly told the kids that maybe we should sport the "O" in front of our last names and be known as the O'Happel's for the day. This didn't sit too well with my three, but I got a laugh out of it.



We did the traditional Corn Beef and Cabbage dinner menu but this time I read about a "side dish" called Colcannon. It has potatoes (slightly mashed) with Kale, green onions, cream, and butter. We all found we really liked this new dish. Also, it was my first time ever eating Kale.

Today we are back to normal and having some Italian for dinner. Come to think of it, we had Mexican for lunch. So as our appetites and menus carry us all over the world, think I will leave you with the traditional Irish Blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!