For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weighing on My Mind

**PLEASE NOTE: The following I am writing about is not the girl pictured here.**

The other night I got a call from the social worker at the girl's home I do on-call work for some times. She asked me to transport a young girl to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. The girl was having suicidal thoughts.

I didn't hesitate to help out even though I had not met the young 15 year old.

My heart felt so much for this girl. She was facing the unknown -- some things someone her age should not even have to think about.

The choices she had made or was coaxed into could possibly end her life at a short age. A blood test was needed and she had decided she would rather end her life than find out the "bad" news and have to live with it.

At one point she got a call from her mother. She assumed the fetal position on the ER bed. She broke down and sobbed uncontrollably and told her mother. "All I have ever wanted to do is become a mom someday and now I may never get the chance."

After 4 1/2 hours another staff person came to relieve me to head to my regular scheduled overnight shift at another home. I do not know the outcome of this young lady. I have only been praying for negative test results. She will have to be monitored for 2 years with negative results to be found clear of this death sentence.

My prayer has also been that this is a wake up call for her and that she has been given a bed at one of the state's facilities to get her mind at peace.

Sometimes I don't get to know the outcomes to things I assist with. This is something I have to sort out for myself, but I hope that I helped her in a small way -- at least I got her to a safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!