For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pillow Talk




Today I worked on completing two pillows to deliver to some girls at a group home I have been working at for the past few months.

I had the girls draw or write their favorite sayings or "motto" on a piece of paper and then I turned it into an embroidery pattern and stitched it together.

After asking them their favorite colors, I then selected the fabrics for the pillows.



I hope these little crafted gifts will let them know they are thought of and that someone took some time to make something special for them.

Unfortunately, one of the girls had gone "on run" when I got there. She is making some bad decisions right now in her life. I am glad to hear the home is willing to take her back once she is located. The other girl I made the pillow for is headed to a drug treatment rehab facility for a couple of months and then returning. I am only thinking good thoughts for her and hope she will come back with strengths to help her "live her life to the fullest".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!