For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, July 30, 2010

Toys of Yesteryear



Walking down Central Avenue in Great Falls, Montana has a lot to view with tons of people in town this week for the Montana State Fair.

One store I love to go into and browse at antiques is located at the corner of 3rd Street and Central. In the window display this week are some really neat toys from yesteryear and relating to dolls in celebration of the Doll and Pet Parade. I had to stop a for a few minutes and snap some pictures. I know these will bring back memories to some people.



I just love the colors that were used and how vibrant they are on the box lids even today. The illustrations are so sweet and have that "innocent" look that you don't see on toys and packaging today. The look today I just most of the time think of as "commercial" and not special, but then again down the road in the future if someone takes care of their childhood toys today; then they will become the "toys of yesteryear".



I also fell in love with this antique wooden toy display. I didn't even notice all the dust on the bottom level of the toy until I uploaded the pictures onto my computer to blog here. Still, it is lovely and a jewel to a collector who will probably snatch it up soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!