For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Antique Swans Have A New Home




In a glass case at our local St. De Paul Catholic Thrift Store was this plastic sandwich bag of a couple miniature "dust collectors" as my husband would call them if he had been shopping with me. Fortunately my son, Wynston was along and saw the beauty and uniqueness, so home they came with us.

Now, I must let you know when I showed them to my husband, he said they are beautiful and likes the detail work.



We have no idea how old this pair is or even what they were used for originally. One speculation is they held creamer or sugar, but I don't think so as they are not really covered and they are so small.



If you know what these beautiful swans would have been used for in yesteryears, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!