For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, January 17, 2011

When Do Kids Become Wise?



My youngest (recently 11 years old) just said to me after we finished listening/half watching a movie, "When was the last time you and dad went out on a dinner date or something like that?" -- Just out of the blue!!!

He also made the remark that since I am a mom that I don't have to be working on something or doing something all the time. I think he means that I should be able to just lie on the bed and watch a movie with him. I am always up moving around (usually in the kitchen or folding clothes), typing something on the computer, stitching an embroidery piece (or pieces), or reading something.

So we had a little talk about dad and I are planning a dinner date around our next payday. I also told him that I would give up some time and donate it to watching a movie with him but that it had to be one that we could agree on as I didn't care too much for Batman Beginnings (did ask him a lot of questions) so we are settling into Harry Potter (the first one).

We, of course, spend time most every evening reading from a book and just finished up two from the library over a long weekend.

So off this computer I get and onto the bed for some "down" time! Hope you will listen to your loved ones and make a little change if requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!