For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Memories of My Childhood



This new year has already had so many changes for me and loved ones I hold dear. Some have been positive and others just down right frightening.


This is a quote I came across yesterday and I believe in it 100% --
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
-Plato


The picture of the doll is one I found at a thrift store recently. I remember as a child I wanted one of these dolls so bad. They had so many colors to choose from. I thought them so fragile and dainty -- something I definitely never was as a child!! Growing up with 5 boys can make a girl that way. Remembering back, being called a "tomboy" was pretty regular in descriptions of me. It wasn't that I liked snakes or bugs or being too much of a dare devil (did run a dirt bike up the side of our house leaving a nice tire mark -- only because I couldn't figure out how to make it stop) but because I did like to make mud pies and pitch a ball or two. Also, I never was into the newest fashion scene or dolling it up in front of a mirror.

So now, I have this doll and she still appears fragile and dainty to me as when I gazed upon them on a shelf in a store as a child, but I have changed, grown, moved on and had 3 dolls (children) I love more dearly than I could have ever imagined wanting or loving anything else.

Still smiling about the memories and looking forward to making more. Have a good day no matter what comes your way. We are going to make it through the calm and chaos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!