For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, November 7, 2011

I Blinked . . . Where Did October Go?



Can't believe I haven't blogged since late September and now we are into November. This year is just flying by so fast.

We did a major move from the big town of Great Falls out into the country just past Fort Benton, MT late in September and then I set out to find a job, put my new home together, and catch a plane for a week in Nashville, TN. No wonder I have been having back spasms on a regular basis here lately -- thanks to my kids for rubbing them out and then stretching is helping also.

I had a quiet no thrills visit to Nashville which is just as I wanted. Got to spend some sweet time with friends and see the changing of the leaves. I love FALL!!!

One thing I did miss was snapping a photo of the leaves on the trees by the Missouri River here in Fort Benton. I literally did blink and they had all blown away. I will just have to be on top of them next year and do lots of picture taking then.





I couldn't help but take tons of photos of my friend, Kathleen's place in Nashville. Her back yard would be a photographer's dream for taking photos of kids and couples. Her style in decorating her house truly fits her personality as well -- Primitive Americana.


This type of decorating is defined as: Americana country decor consists of shades of reds, whites and blues. These country decor accents can have stars and strips, or simple symbols and words like “Love, Faith, Hope…” to name a few. Americana quilts make excellent wall hangings, throws, table cloths, chair covers, the sky is the limit of what you can do with a beautiful Americana quilt.


(These are called Jewel Tea Autumn Leave Pattern . . . My Aunt Ruby in California used to be crazy in collecting dishes like these as they reminded her of her childhood years when a vendor would come by horse drawn wagon once a month out in the country and sell her mother a piece. My friend Kathleen collects them as well because she loves the pattern.)

It was a pleasure going for a visit to the South. My heart has two homes -- the South and Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!