For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sweet Treats


Had to do some reminiscing of my trip to Tennessee by showing some photos of my visit to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

I joke a lot to my kids and husband that if I ever win the lottery (of course, have to buy a ticket first) that I would bring this franchise to Montana.



Loved the packaging they had going on for Halloween, but the extra frosting on the chocolate creme filled doughnuts was a little too much for my taste.

I can remember as a child, if the 5 boys and I were good at church on Wednesday nights, then we would get to stop and get a dozen doughnuts to take home to eat.



Also, there were several field trips while in school to one of the stores where the doughnuts were made. We would each get a paper hat and watch the conveyor belts going with the glaze fall covering each one as it rolled on by. Of course, we got to sample 1 doughnut a piece at the conclusion of the visit.




As a teenager, I would go out with a girlfriend shopping or to a movie and then end up dropping by the drive-thru for a dozen when the light on the building would be lit reading "HOT". Those were the days!!!

Here is my friend, Twila, acting as if she is going to grab the lot of doughnuts in the box. I believe I sent this as a photo message to my son, Wynston, while we were there so he could join in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!