For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grandma's Dream -- Veteran's Day

Grandma has many interesting dreams and usually wakes up expressing them to us.

This morning I find it remarkable that she woke up telling about sitting on the couch at her home and falling asleep on the shoulder of a GI. She said her father got very mad at her for doing this.

The reason I find this remarkable is that it is Veteran's Day. Granted, she is 89 years old and has memories mixed up from her younger days to now with her dementia, but she could have been hiking in Yellowstone again (a dream a couple weeks ago that ran for days) or having lunch delivered for her and her twin sister, Lulynn (who passed away years ago - a very recent dream).

Also, in regards to our veterans and active service people, my husband had a soldier in uniform come into his office the other day. When he finished conducting his business and as he left, my husband thanked him for his service for our country. This soldier turned around and saluted my husband and then said, "Sir, you are the first person who has ever thanked me." My husband (a definite tender-hearted person) teared up at the thought of this, especially since we live in an air force base town.

So, it is my hope, no matter what your feelings are of our country and it's involvement with the current military affairs, that you will take the time to "thank" a soldier whether veteran or active today.

3 comments:

  1. Aww ... thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tender moments" we all need, to keep us thinking and thankful. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice,

    This is a cute picture. Grandma's dreams are precious and should always be so. I think sometimes our dreams are the only thing that keeps us going-even with dementia.

    I hope all is as well as can be expected for you and your family. Take care of yourself and keep the messages coming. I love hearing about your world.

    Love always,
    Cousin Tina

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!