For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, June 21, 2010

Vintage Photography



I love looking at flickr.com and at photos people put on from their ancestors or finds at garage sales, rummage markets, or attics of old homes.

This person has found a treasure in several photos of the same couple.



Love the wedding photograph. I am not much of a mustache sort of person, but he has the handles going on here. Probably was a thinker and twist on the ends regularly.


You can tell from the following photograph that they have a little one on the way. Also, like most women, she has changed her hair some and now has bangs.


I wonder why way back then there were no smiles on the folks -- maybe they had not come up with the phrase -- "say cheese".

Maybe it might have been because of the torture of having to sit for a long period of time while the picture set.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir or Madam

    As part of a graphic design project for The University of
    Hertfordshire I made a collage using some of the Victorian images on your site

    This project has been selected as a semifinalist for the student Adobe
    Design Achievement Awards 2012. As this collage will now be shown in
    public I need permission to use the images.

    This is not for profit but merely to recognize student art.
    Could you pass this request to whoever I need to ask for permission?

    I am happy to forward a copy of the completed project for approval.
    Many thanks
    Lisa Winstanley
    my email address is lisasaddik@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!