For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Victorian Art Print -- Rudolf Eichstaedt

This reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. Could this be Wickham?

Actually, this is the work of a German Artist named, Rudolf Eichstaedt.

The piece is titled, "Heimkehr" -- meaning Homecoming.

There is a copyright date of 1807 (the "0" may be something else but is hard to read). Where is my magnifying glass when needed?

I would love to find more information on this artist, his work, available prints.

I came by this print from a former employer who was moving and let his staff pick from items his family was leaving behind. This was the only thing I wanted. It is totally beautiful and has been matted and framed and is much larger with more background scene than photographed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!