For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, June 11, 2011

In Love with Lilacs



Montana has been flooding the past few weeks due to rain and more rain. Also, snow melting from the mountains and running into the rivers causing the banks to overflow and dams and reservoirs being at capacity are other causes of the flooding.

Spirits of the peoples and natives in this state have been down and staying home has become a regular time passing state due to the rain. The local news and newspaper are filled with more and more stories and pictures of areas of concern and devastation. One article in today's paper says the governor reports 8.6 million in damages so far. Then other radio stories say from his office for farmers and home owners not to expect help from the government.



One happy thought and visual I see around town here is all the purple on the bushes. The blooms on the lilacs are spectacular this year. Had to grab my camera and snap some photos of the bushes in my back yard. I love the combination of the colors of purple and green. When I was a little girl and people would ask what my favorite colors were my reply was always dark purple and dark green. That has never changed for me even to this day.



I also got to work with our youngest on learning how to use the lawn mower on the front yard and was pleased to see the enormous tree in the middle of the yard is sporting some green -- the leaves are returning. I love them now, but just wait till they start falling and swamping the front yard in the fall. That will be another article with a different tone in the writing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!