For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Visions of the Past



Today the kids and I got lunch and went to the "duck pond" with some stale hamburger buns to feed the birds. It was a beautiful sunny day and the outing was very pleasant.



After we decided to leave there, my 13 year old son, Wynston, said, "Let's visit the Red Barn". He and I had gone there once right after moving to Great Falls over a couple years ago. All of us had a good time looking at the different items arranged on shelves, in cases, and in every nook and corner. I couldn't help but pull out the camera and snap some photos.





I fell in love with a silver fruit pedestal bowl. I have never seen one of these before. It is now on my dining table waiting for some fruit to be placed in it. I almost felt a little guilty splurging on it, but then again I do that for my family all the time and this was calling my name. So I am calling it a late birthday present, late anniversary present to myself.




Now, I just need to find a tea service set to match it. I have been off and on looking for one for a couple years now. This is something that I remember my foster mother had sitting on a table made from an old iron Singer sewing machine table bottom in our hallway. Another one of those visual memories I have in my mind as if it were yesterday. I never have asked any of the foster brothers or other of their family who got her tea set when she passed away. May never know but only hope they enjoy it and display it like she did.



I found this item very interesting. Was it simply a type writer way back when? Was it something more like a printing press type machine for a newspaper? Guess I will have to do a little research on this Graphotype.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!