For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tulip Quilt Progress


I am seeing the end in sight on this requested tulip quilt. Just need to make more flower centers and leaves -- then sew them on. A thin strip matching off white border on two sides and then sandwich together to finish. This has been quite a project to do.

Someone requested this for their mother and told me that she will want to use it on her casket in the future. I had never heard of that before. Seemed very strange to me and even hindered me in coming up with a visualization of what I wanted to do.

I talked with a very nice elderly resident in personal care where I work about my project and she said in a rather matter of fact way, "Native Americans have had this tradition for years. Their quilt is usually a star quilt." I guess that sparked me on to get this far and just seeing it laid out with the rest of the tulips pinned will mean completion by next week.

Then it will be onto a stack of unfinished blocks I have laying around the house and tons of embroidery pieces to create into something.

Feels almost like I am Spring cleaning or something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!