For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Little Bighorn Battlefield Trip

Wanting to do a little road trip with the family, we decided to visit what I had always called "Custer Battlefield". My aunt and uncle had taken me there as one of my stops at the age of 21 when driving cross country moving to Montana. That was over 20 years ago! It is now called Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument and is a National Cemetery.
A beautiful resting place containing so much history.
We went into the museum and viewed many different relics from Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer
and Sitting Bull.
I found the words of the president at this time in history (Ulysses S. Grant) to be very interesting as pictured here:
Sitting Bull "had a premonition of defeating the cavalry, which motivated his Native American people to a major victory at the Battle of the Little Bighorn against Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Cavalry on June 25, 1876."
Also honored which I had not seen during my first visit over 20 years ago was the following:
My next blog will have the Indian Memorial at Little Bighorn Battlefield which was newly established in the early 1990's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!