For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Trying Something Crafty New

I am always trying to make a stop at Goodwill in Great Falls, MT when I go "to the big city" for errands, shopping, and supplies. I joke and tell my husband that I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder (or at least what I think she would have felt like) when making these trips almost once a week. While at the thrift store, I usually get lost in the used book section and if you visited our home you would see the fruits of my many visits. I love the quilting, crafting, and embroidery books I find there. One recently combine applique quilting and embroidery. So I have been trying it out and also using fusible paper backed web for the first time. I think I may be hooked on this technique. Here are some photos of my first project from the book.
Here are some photos of the second wall hanging I just finished that needs to be quilted. I have three more projects in the works from this book and am somewhat surprised that I have actually used patterns and projects from the book as usually I just get ideas and then throw in my own variation - now writing that, come to think of it, the border on these are my own creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!