For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Cheery Quilted Tote Bag



It all started with Savannah Rose (my daughter, age 15) wanting to embroider a flower. She picked out the pattern and the color of her threads. She tried to stitch one of the outer petals in the pink but this project did not last long for her and her attention span issues.

Her embroidery hoop lay on my sewing table for months and I asked her several times if she wanted to pick it up again. Her idea was to maybe choose another picture pattern. I let her do this and she came up with more involved pieces as far as stitching goes. I will eventually get her fabric ready and help with that down the road.




So, I could resist no long and completed her flower. When stitching I was thinking what should I use this in for her . . . a doll blanket, a pillow patch, an apron for her dolls . . . then it hit me!!! I could make a TOTE bag for her to carry all her goodies in when we go on outings. (This is always an event for her to get everything ready and loaded on outings.)

Last night was the grand finale on getting my vision completed. Even though I was up till 3 a.m. doing the free hand machine quilting, it turned out beautifully.




Savannah was so cute as she was up with one of her not sleeping nights. She said, "Mom, this is beautiful. I bet you could sell these at the Farmer's Market next year. Maybe for $5 or $10." A business woman is behind those young eyes, but I think I might have to raise her prices on items for sell.

I included something in my machine quilting for her to carry with her in this piece. I hope she knows it always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!