For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, August 24, 2009

There's A Bear Under My Cover!!!




I have been working on a new quilt top for my son, Wynston who is about to celebrate his 12th birthday.



He chose this bear under the covers with quilt blocks called "bear paws" included in the pattern. The bear face, arms, feet, and claws are all appliqued'.



I am almost finished, but need to put my hands on an additional piece of the fabric that goes around the border. Walmart has told me they will be getting more in. I will probably have to also check with JoAnn Fabrics here locally to see if they have some.

I found the face to be pretty easy to make, but the claws were literally a pain. I ended up zig zagging black thread through them individually to give it more of a rugged look and feel in them.

Wynston is thrilled to have this project almost completed and so am I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!