For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quilling - A Delicate Paper Art



I have been exploring a new artform here recently and wanted to share some of my first creations.



My thought is to use these as Christmas ornaments or to hang in a window anytime.



From Wikipedia: Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is wound around a quill to create a basic coil shape. The paper is then glued at the tip and the coil shaped, these shaped coils are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various ornamental patterns similar to ironwork.


I love mixing different colors and time flies quickly when creating one of these ornaments!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilled ornaments are amazing and I have not seen quilled ornaments before. I love the colors that you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!