For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Scraps Make It Pretty




I have been working on listing my quilts on Etsy. These are the ones I made last year - 2008. One that stands out in my mind is the purple and green floral with butterflies. I thought I would share a few pictures.

It is very hard for me to throw any scraps away. I found that very true this week in re-arranging my sewing workspace and also starting another mini-project.



This purple quilt was total scraps from another quilt which features log cabin quilt blocks that a dear friend made. I had to be sneaky and have another friend bid on them for me through Ebay because I wanted them so. Aren't friends wonderful!
I love stitching and creating quilts. Some are pretty but others are just plain special to the person making them.


The kids are on the big count down for Christmas now, even though they know most everything under the tree. The days are dragging for them. I am contented in knowing I am prepared and have finished my shopping, wrapping, and mailing.

Hope you are having a lovely day. I am past being excited and ready to explode as my hubby will be home tomorrow after being gone for 19 days for work training. Most of the time days fly by, but these have just been drag drag dragging. Well, to take my mind off of it -- off I go to stitch!

2 comments:

  1. A friend wrote: I Love love love this quilt!!!! I love these colors and I love what you did with the blocks! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, throw away scraps???? Did I hear that possible consideration??? Surely not,LOL. -- judyluv001

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!