For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Busy Stitching Fingers -- Embroidery




After finishing Avery's quilt top, I have been keeping busy working on creating some tea towels from vintage patterns I have found on flickr.com or from thrift shop finds.



I thought I would share some of the results. One of my favorites is the Scottie Dog. I found this pattern online free while searching for an applique' quilt block pattern of a Scottie Dog. I have not found the one I am happy with for quilting but fell in love with stitching the embroidery piece.








In getting more in the festive holiday spirit, I set out working on the PEACE, LOVE, JOY, NOEL, and FAITH towels. I love the cursive writing of these patterns. Which reminds me, I heard the other day on a news report that cursive writing is becoming a dead artform these days. I believe it is not being stressed to be used in the schools as much and people are more apt to be typing away on the computer than sitting down hand writing notes and correspondence to others.



My last favorite piece I just finished is the Celestial theme pattern. I have always enjoyed the sun/moon patterns and designs when used in decorating.



I must report, my tree is up and I was just looking outside at 2 a.m. to find the snow is falling. The holiday spirit is definitely on me now as I did some online shopping today and got most of my Christmas cards written out.

So no HUM BUG for me this year . . . I got to start saying HO HO HO!!! -- Hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!