For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Embroidered Cloth Doll




I wanted to post an update that shows what I have been stitching on recently -- a victorian style cloth doll pattern.

I have finished one and am almost done with a second beauty. There may be more stitched in different colors for the dress and hair. I am planning on listing some on Etsy.com in my WonderlandShoppe store.

I think little girls and moms alike will enjoy these creations. In making them, I am reminded of simpler days when mothers would be using scraps of things in the home to make a special dolly for their loved ones.

It also makes me think of paper dolls -- something I got from an auction win on shopgoodwill.com. I will have to take some pictures of some of the books for another posting here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!