For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sight Seeing at Ryan Dam



Yesterday in the early evening the family piled into the van and took a drive to Ryan Dam. I had never been before, only my husband and Wynston had.

The views were spectacular.




The smells from a very large lilac bush were divine.



The walking over a swinging bridge was thrilling to most in our party.



This is the sign that greeted us after we got off the bridge and stepped onto the island.

We stopped and read history markers and I took pictures. I actually learned where the name Great Falls, MT came from. The exact site we were visiting.









My husband had hoped to make this his destination to hold Grandma's memorial picnic/cookout at the end of next month, but signs are clearly posted about no grills or fires. I think we might be able to come up with some kind of alternative for a menu there, but we will still keep exploring till the right place is located.


I do think more visits will be made to Ryan Dam Island for some outdoor recreation or to show visitors who may come into town to see us.

I even had the pleasure of seeing some wildlife while there. Can you spot him in the water?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I needed something today just to let me take my mind away and this was it. I just love getting your emails they are so exciting! Thanks for always sharing with me. -- Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!