For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's NOT my Unbirthday!


30: unbirthday, originally uploaded by xtheowl.

A very merry unbirthday
To me?
To you
A very merry unbirthday
For me?
For you
Now blow the candle out, my dear
And make your wish come true
A very merry unbirthday to you

I like singing this song a lot through out the year. When my kids were small we used to celebrate a few and they would get the biggest kick out of it. (I must remember to do so soon -- but not in the month of May and June as birthdays are aplenty in this family).

My brother, Robert, is now calling me "an old lady" because we are no longer the same age -- 1 month 1 week and 1 day has passed. He could never understand how I was older than him even though his birthday came first on the calendar -- we were little kids back in those thinking days of his.

I am pleased to say that I will be making my own birthday cake -- A Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Been wanting one of those for quite some time now but needed a deep dish iron pan to bake it in. The original one we owned got gone with cleanup from our house fire years ago.

Grandma told me tonight when I was mentioning this cake creation for my birthday that she hoped she gets a piece. She will be the first cut piece for sure.

So everyone out there -- Happy Unbirthday and Happy Birthday -- celebrate just the same!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!