For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Illuminated




Can anything be better than roses or chocolates? Well, in my way of thinking -- light!!! My husband made it his weekend project to bring illumination into my life.

Several months ago (when the Christmas tree went up), I began rearranging our living space. Wanting a more individualized (mainly private) space to sew and create, I moved most of my crafting items to a bedroom not in use currently. The only problem I started having was getting tired when working in the evening. I had put a small table lamp on the sewing machine table and thought that would be sufficient for me.

This however proved to be wrong and I mentioned how I needed to purchase a standing lamp for the room. (It only had a ceiling fan and two windows high on the walls). Come Saturday morning before I was up and moving around, my husband had already been to the hardware store and purchased two suspended light fixtures. With a couple screws in the ceiling for each fixture and the cords plugged into the walls, I am all set. Didn't know how much I needed light, until it was given to me. Thanks, Fred.

So yes, light is better than roses or chocolates, but I may just splurge and get him some!!!

Here are some nine-patch log cabins I had been sewing together in the dark. I really like all the colors, now that I can see them.



Also, been stitching away for a couple weeks at my new 3rd shift position at the youth home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!