For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Explorers at the Portage



Last Sunday in the midst of snow/sleet/rain the family went out for a drive with me behind the wheel. After running a few errands, I didn't let anyone know of my plans to stop by Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat for my birthday. From there we headed to a statue that I had not photographed here in Great Falls, MT. This is located at the Welcome Center off 10th Avenue South. Also, found there is the large flag that can be seen from the interstate. A local radio ad says it costs over $10k yearly to maintain the flag and donations are being asked for currently.






I will have to make another trip to the Welcome Center when there is more time and better weather so I can walk a steep paved trail up to a gazebo that is part of the scenery. There is also an indian statue to photograph that I missed.




Another statue has been spotted at the new Federal Court House by the Missouri River here in Great Falls and I will have to pick a Saturday and explore it more.

On of my favorite photos was taken at Giant Springs with my 11 year old walking across the bridge with his father. He is now over a head taller than anyone in the house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!