For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day


Happy May Day - maypole
Big Big Paint Book
Whitman Publishing, 1936

Isn't this a cute coloring picture! Had to send it out to celebrate today.

It is my birthday and the family and I have been outside between rain/snow/slush showers visiting parks and statues snapping pictures.

We went to Giant Springs Park to look for the owls and owlets that have been reported there, but couldn't find them again this year. They may have already flown the coop headed onward as they don't stay around long. It was fun to walk around all except for tons of gnats (bugs) that swarmed around us at one point. I think I may have swallowed one because I had a coughing fit right after we fast pace left the area. I have even had a problem finding a great horned owl to picture here in this blog. Lord willing there will be next year to fulfill the quest of sighting and photographing one from me.




I ended my day by going out to eat at Chili's in Great Falls, Montana with my husband. One other experience with Chili's in Chattanooga, Tennessee a few years back found both of us talking all this time about going to the restaurant chain again. Wish I could say our memories were held to the test again this evening, but not the case. As a matter of fact, upon departure my words were that it has been taken off my list to do again. Tasteless is a word that comes to mind in my review of the experience of the food tonight.

On a good ending note of my day -- I won at Rummy against my son and husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!