For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fairy Tale Morning



I awoke this morning to find my youngest child (not small by any means at 6 feet tall and only 11 years old) in the middle of our bed sound asleep. I nudged him a little and asked what he was doing in such a spot and he smiled sweetly, saying "sleeping". I told him that it was a little crowded and his dad replied the same. He just said, "I am just right". I told him I was reminded of Goldilocks and the Three Bears with us being Mommy Bear, Daddy Bear and him being a combination of Baby Bear and Goldilocks. He just laughed.

When his dad vacated the bed heading to the computer and then the shower, I told Avery that there was a book I had picked out just last night for us to read titled, Sleeping Ugly. Knowing right where I had left it, we snuggled in bed and took turns reading the pages of the short story.



At the end, it is so cute to read about the prince not being well practiced in kissing as he is the youngest son of the king (with no property or fortune) and has only ever kissed his mother and his father who has a beard. So he decides to kiss the other sleeping people in the little house that have been entwined in the story -- an ugly old lady (kissed on the nose who smells like cinnamon) and Plain Jane (whose kiss smells like wild flowers) before he kisses the sleeping princess (Miserella). One can only imagine or find the book to finish the different and happy ending as I am not going to give it all away here.



But, I will conclude that my 11 year said, "we are not discussing me and kissing anything" which made me laugh. I just love children and innocence!



We then picked up another chapter book we have been reading on and he made the comment, "there is kissing in that book too". "I was reading some the other day just for fun." Now to end on this note -- I think I have another reader in my family and am thrilled to know he picks up a book (quite a bit these days) to take a break from all his modern technology (games) just for fun.


Hope your morning has a fairytale start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!