For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, August 12, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing





My husband and I had the pleasure of attending an outdoor performance of "Much Ado About Nothing" presented by the Montana Shakespeare in the Parks. This company is an outreach program of MSU’s College of Arts and Architecture and have been putting on Shakespeare plays for 39 seasons. They travel to towns in Montana and Wyoming and the performances are free (but donations are accepted).

We have not been able to attend the past two years because my husband has been out of town with training for work.



It was nice to pick up some dinner and carry some pillows and blankets to sit an watch this comedy on the lawn at the University of Great Falls. It was also the first time I had actually taken time to see the layout of the buildings of the college here in town.

There was a good attendance and plenty of laughter to go around.



The director chose to set this play right after the Civil War. I loved the costumes of the ladies -- nothing like a hoop skirt!!!

We had hoped to return and see the company's second play of the season they are putting on, "The Merchant of Venice", but I just wasn't feeling rested and rain did sweep through to delay things a bit. Hoping to catch them again next year with their next two selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!