For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Beautiful Inspiration


Digital ID: 1161045. [Head of the Statue of Liberty on display in a park in Paris.]. Fernique, Albert -- Photographer. 1883


Note the two "life-size" replicas of the Statue of Liberty on either side of the full-size head.

I would love to travel to this park in Paris and sit for a long while marveling at the beauty of this sculpture/monument.

I got to travel to Washington DC and New York on my senior trip in high school over 20 years ago. If I could go back, I wish that I had better camera equipment than the latest Kodak disk camera (short run life and not very good with pictures) of that time period.

Also, my one regret on the whole trip was not getting to tour the Statue of Liberty. It was 1986 when she was undergoing repairs and cleaning. The tours were totally closed for the one day we spent in New York.

Maybe someday I will get back that way again, but for now it will just go on a mental "Would Like To Do List".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!