For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Looking Outside My Windows





I have decided I am staying inside today. This decision has been made after two consecutive days of running errands and doctor appointments in the snow and having a little fun fish-tailing the wheels due to access ways being overloaded with snow, ice, sand, and what ever else.

The sun is out, but from the thermometer one can tell it is cold in our little part of the world. From what I am hearing via conversations with my husband (again in Kansas City) and then on Facebook with friends in the South and all over, it is cold pretty much everywhere. One schoolmate wrote it was 38 degrees in her part of Florida and she has lived there for 12 years with it never getting that cold.



I do feel accomplished in having kept my sidewalks and porch ramp cleared off. I wonder what the neighbors think seeing a Southern girl out with her handy straw broom sweeping instead of using the shovel. The broom also works great in clearing off the van with its heaping pile of snow.



Wynston and I laughed last year when we were purchasing new snow shovels from a Goodwill in Nashville. (No snow there so the stores donated the shovels to charity). Now we are still laughing, but so enjoying the benefits of pushing the snow off the driveway with them.

Take time to look out your window today!! Stay warm and keep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!