For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, March 19, 2010

Putting On The Green



Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and green was everywhere in Great Falls, MT. Wanted to get this posted, but technical difficulties prevailed . . . so only a day late!

My husband called and invited me out to lunch at a local establishment. Our daughter, Savannah Rose, came along for the eats.



Tracy's Restaurant has a menu and postings on the windows that read "Open 24 Hours", and was until recently. They have been in operation since 1952. (The same year my husband was born!) Also, this being my second time there, I noticed that the waitress may have started working there when they opened as she was sweet but on the close to 80's age range.



Nostalgia is the feeling you get when walking through the doors with dark brown panelling, booths, shades and the ever popular mini-jukeboxes on the tables.



Food comes aplenty and since yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, the special was corn beef and cabbage -- my husband's selection. I thought the plate looked picture perfect, even though it was not my choice for lunch. (chef salad with ranch)

Savannah went for the Club sandwich and we all indulged in the french fries which were the best!



We missed the local St. Patrick's Day Parade down Central as Grandma needed extra attention for the rest of the day, but hopefully next year we can photograph it and enjoy some more time exploring this town we call home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!