For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mug Rug Crafting



This year I have been working for a company that has 3 different group homes in my town of Great Falls, MT. At the girl's home is usually where you will find me on Saturdays from 8 a.m. till midnight.

As the holidays approached I wanted to have the girls try their hand at sewing and brought my machine and scraps of fabric with me one day.

I had read on another blog about a craft idea of the "Mug Rug". This seemed simple enough and I embroidered a few cute cup designs to use on each little "Mug Rug" coaster.



The staff of the girl's home really enjoyed these crafty presents and thanked me for coming up with something creative for the girls to try.



One 16 year old told me that she enjoyed sewing with the machine but felt it taxed her patience. She was still all smiles in handing out the little gift bags with the coasters and some tea bags and coffee treats for everyone at the party.

Merry Christmas and a "Mug Rug" or two may be coming to friends of mine real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!