For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Painted Silk Scarf Class




Savannah Rose and I attended a painted silk scarf class this afternoon at The County Shoppe in Fort Benton, Montana.

I had made a resolution that I wanted to explore working with paints this year to add to my hobbies and crafting. Well, we are into our 4th month of the year and I have finally picked up a brush.



As anticipated, my having "control" does not apply to using paint. I am please with how my scarf turned out, but it is not like the sample one I was looking at that the instructor showed us. Now I wish I had taken a picture of hers! Also, the iris is not something I was totally happy with, but others say it is pretty.




One thing was noticed whether a child or adult, this is a craft for all ages. You just don't have to mind getting your fingers colored (guess gloves could even be worn). Mine are still a purple tint. We all laughed and complimented each other on how everyone's scarf looked much different the the others. The same materials were used by all.




Hope you enjoy the pictures. Now I just have to set the colors permanently with a hot steam iron and maybe a turn or two in the dryer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!