For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rural Montana Photos

I found these photos to be beautiful when thumbing through a mini-magazine we get from our telephone or electric cooperative here in Montana. Thought I would share them with you to enjoy.
This one is titled "Little Drummer Bird" taken by Merle Ann Loman of Victor, MT. Meriwether Lewis called this bird, "the small brown pheasant," noting it was "booted" or feathered to the foot, Merle reports. If you're in the woods and hear a drumming sound, that will be this guy.
This photo is titled "Bird on Fire" Nikki Kirk of Kalispell, MT got first place with this dramatic image. I love the colors.
This one is titled "Bird on Ice" taken by Lana Smith of Broadus, MT. This is a ringneck pheasant proudly dancing across the ice on his toes. Pheasants are everywhere in the area of Fort Benton, MT (where I currently live) and can be seen along the sides of the roads about as much as mule deer. I love seeing and listening to Montana wildlife. Hope you enjoyed these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!