For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, October 16, 2009

Except for the Mouse -- Christmas Creation


Here is the finished embroidery wallhanging I started a month ago. I just needed to get in front of the sewing machine and get the machine quilting and border completed.

I am getting more and more in the holiday spirit as the Halloween decorations are in full swing on the front picture window.



Also, I just spent 2 1/2 hours outside in the front yard working on the "swamp" of cottonwood tree leaves. A very nice elderly gentleman pulled up to work on a lawn across the street and came over and helped me. He has a wonderful machine called a Billy Goat that sucked up the leaves in a bag. He then dumped them onto my driveway for me to get into big heavy bags while he played with his machine on the lawn. It took 10 bags in all to complete the job.

This man was so sweet and would only take a cash donation from me. I hate that when people just say for a donation as I always want to give more. In the end I could only scrap up $8 in cash from around the house, but he was happy with that and worked very hard with me.

I think he was really "an angel" who came to help me with a very big task. Hope you have an angel to help you out today or when you need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!