For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, October 16, 2009

Petticoat Patty / Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Block



I have been in the "sewing" kind of mood since talking with a dear friend from Nashville over this past weekend.

"Tangent -- to go off suddenly in another direction or on a different line of thought, action etc."

That describes me or at least my creative personality at times. I have been in a "tangent" with embroidery ever since the beginning of 2009. I also purchased tons of very nice kitchen towels and keep an ever watchful eye out for cute patterns and designs to put on them. Just had to break down and purchase a new printer ink cartridge the other day.

So here is my very big Petticoat Patty or as some know her also as Sunbonnet Sue. She is from a 1992 publication called Favorite Applique Patterns from The Old Country Store with designs by Cheryl A. Benner.



I love the shape of the shoe in the pattern and decided to add a black button for an embellishment. Also, I put a miniature fabric yo-yo for the flower to add a little special touch.




The outcome is not quite decided as to whether the creation will turn into a big quilt or a wall hanging or a gift for a young girl as a blanket or doll blanket. I do know I will be playing with more fabrics and making more of these pretty Petticoat Patty / Sunbonnet Sue quilt blocks in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!