For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Natural Halloween Decorations


08-07-09 007, originally uploaded by chez60.

I spent a good part of my afternoon rummaging through unpacked boxes trying to find a cool vintage yard ornament (in other words -- my jack-o-lantern) to decorate for Halloween today. When all is said and done a wonderful treasure trove of things were unearthed from some boxes but no seasonal item found. I am hoping on a spur of the moment I gave him to a good friend or at least a new home to be enjoyed.

These spider webs remind me now that we have had frost in the morning the pesky flies, mosquitoes, and bees are gone till next summer. The visual of the webs also reminds me now we need to do something about a few spiders (big ones I might add) that have been spotted in the basement. I am not a big supporter of eight legged creatures even though the can weave some of the most beautiful pieces of art to behold.

Well, a skeleton is hanging from a branch on the big tree outside now and some really cool characters are displayed in the big picture window (a vampire, top hat skeleton, a mummy, and Frankenstein) so today was not a total disappointment in my decorating department!!!

I do love Fall. I do love the holidays that are just around the corner.

Also, I have been printing out some holiday inspired embroidery patterns off of flickr.com in the Vintage Hoop Love Transfer Pattern group. If you are a stitcher, do a little exploring here. You won't be disappointed.

The kids and I had some fun creating a "spooky" music list on playlist.com (free - no charge) and have been getting in the mood for the fun filled times to come. We came up with Monster Mash, Purple People Eater, Time Warp, Wild Thing, Addams Family theme music, and even found Batman and some Scooby Doo stuff to include on our music list.

Time to close for now -- Don't forget to take moments and enjoy the natural decorations around you. I know I am looking where I am planted these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!