For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Denim and Bandanas


I have to say I wanted to do something with denim for a while. I don't usually wear jeans and ended up finding some good ones for $1 at a yard sale in the summer. Then came the thought of cutting them up. Finally after many months I settled on who I was making a denim throw quilt for. (Someone in Arkansas will be getting this after the new year!!)

I played around with some ideas I found online for patterns and then asked a trusted source for advice on what she thought. Not being very impressed with the response, I decided to play around with some bandanas and denim. This is the end result.

I am pleased with the finished item, but don't know that I will be making another throw or quilt with denim for a while. I found it very time consuming.

Also, I have kept the upper portion of the jeans where the belt loops and pockets are and am playing with the idea of using them for aprons or making tote bags out of them. Guess I am in the total recycling kind of mind right now!!

More projects in the works in my future but now I must head to the kitchen and get some dinner going as some are starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!