For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pretty Roses



I love picking up crocheted doilies at thrift stores and yard sales whenever I can find them. I usually don't end up putting them on tables around the house because I have so many other nicknacks piled up.

Recently having moved onto a farm with a sweet lady we call Granny living right next to us, I have gotten to love talking with her about her favorite hobby . . . crocheting.




I showed her this rose doily and she asked me if I wanted her to "stiffen it". Not knowing what process this was I told her only if it was no problem to her. She was thrilled and headed home with a smile on her face.

The next morning she appeared on my doorstep with the most beautiful piece of work I had ever seen . . . my rose doily!!!

Granny said she got the look on my face that she had expected -- one of total surprise at the transformation after her "stiffening" process.

My daughter fell in love with this piece of art and told me she had the best place to put it. Now her wall above her bed displays the transformed rose doily. Granny thought it the perfect place also, especially since my daughter's name is Savannah Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!