For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, July 20, 2009

Bird of Paradise Machine Applique'

This I call my Bird of Paradise Machine Applique' Wall Hanging.
It took me very little time to create the main part, but a little bit more time was involved in the added touches -- yo yo's, braided fabric strips for branches, and the eye work.

I am just waiting for a darning foot for my sewing machine to do some machine quilting on this piece. I found the darning foot on Ebay yesterday and it should be shipped coming my way very soon.

This is my interpretation of the earlier blog on a quilt block I found online someone called a peacock. I enlarged the pattern with a tracer projector -- a wonderful tool I have that I don't pull out often enough!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! This looks spectacular! Thanks so much for directing me to your version of the peacock. Glad that you found it useful. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!