For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laser Water - Splash


Laser Water - Splash 3, originally uploaded by Stevpas68.

I love this "techy" photography with the colors thrown in. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope. I used to love getting them as a child and looking for long periods of time at the changing shapes as well as finding the right light to shine through them.

Modern kaleidoscopes are made of brass tubes, stained glass, wood, steel, gourds and most any other material an artist can sculpt or manipulate. The part of the kaleidoscope which holds objects to be viewed is called an object chamber or cell. Object cells may contain almost any material. Sometimes the object cell is filled with liquid so the items float and move through the object cell with slight movement from the person viewing.

I am going to have to check out on of those kaleidoscopes filled with fluid. I had not heard of doing that until doing a little research just now. My curiosity started out at first on how to correctly spell the word, but again I walk away learning a new concept.

Enjoy your day and stay cool. It is HOT here in Great Falls, MT today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!