For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, June 26, 2009

Vintage Photography -- Girl with Cat

Accession Number: 1971:0145:0001

Maker: Nickolas Muray (American 1892-1965)

Title: ["PARENTS MAGAZINE, GIRL WITH CAT"]

Date: ca. 1945

Medium: "color print, assembly (Carbro) process"

Dimensions: Dimensions Unknown

George Eastman House Collection

General – information about the George Eastman House Photography Collection is available at http://www.eastmanhouse.org/inc/collections/photography.php.

For information on obtaining reproductions go to: http://www.eastmanhouse.org/flickr/index.php.


This represents Americana of bygone years. We were so innocent a nation back in 1945 when this appeared in Parent's Magazine.

This was before my time, but I enjoy looking and thinking how much people's daily lives have changed. There was no cell phone, no video games, no "business". There WAS family dinners together, pets to play with and take care of, board games to play, and regular schedules -- not so fast paced.

Just thinking about it -- they didn't have this keyboard and computer on a table in their house with each family member waiting their turn for it.

I could go on and on, but I think I will just enjoy this picture and explore more like it for a while on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!