For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Monday, February 16, 2009

Fabric Shopping


This past Saturday, my daughter and I picked up a couple friends and headed out on an adventure to find the Stitcher's Garden in Franklin, Tn. We had read after some online research that the store has over 8000 bolts of fabric.



I was going not only for fun, but on a mission to locate reproduction fabric known as Aunt Grace. These are reproductions from the 1930's. (As a part of a surprise Christmas present, I had received some partially finished quilt blocks. No materials had come along for the completion, thus the mission.)


I had located these specialty fabrics at an online store and was pleased with the selections. The prices I felt were a little steep for fat quarters and then the purchase would have had a high shipping charge with a total of $50.

At the Stitcher's Garden I did find a lot of different patterns as pictured here. I did purchase a few fat quarters but then also decided to go ahead and purchase quite a few of the 1/2 yard pieces. My total (also including a little from my daughter), came to $69.

Now, I will need to get to rotary cutting my strips and sewing up the rest of my blocks. A friend of mine has suggested embroidering borders for the blocks. I am just tempted to do so, but know this will make my project last longer. Do I have the patience -- I wonder!!

1 comment:

  1. The fabric is very nice. I bet you'll have a lot of fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!